We are delighted to be back in business. Thank you for your patience in the past months.
Dear Dim Sum will take a slow restart and post once or twice a week. A new house and a new job are still overwhelming:) I expect to be at 100% by the beginning of next year.
In light of the recent power change in China, today we will discuss the title of the highest position in China: General Secretary of the Communist Party of China. Xi Jinping currently holds this title, as of Nov 15, 2012.
(listen:) general secretary
中共 is an abbreviation of the Communist Party of China – detail in another post.
• 中: middle. Pronunciation: zhōng (1)
• 共: together, to share. Pronunciation: gòng (4)
中央 often refers to the Chinese central government.
• 央: center. Pronunciation: yāng (4)
• 总: chief, general, gather. Pronunciation: zǒng(4)
• 书记: secretary, clerk. Pronunciation:shū(1) jì(4)
书 literally means book, while 记 literally means taking notes.